Hi Folks - Please read the following in it's entirety before completing your application! :)
- You must apply through The CSUEA in order to be considered.
- Opportunities have been created by Evolve Entertainment Fund & Group Effort Initiative but students may not try and contact them directly.
These programs are in the process of recruiting more students for their programs - these students would be eligible for internships, full time opportunities (on set and off), educational trainings, and mentorships.
- City of L.A. residents, ages 18-24, low income. Preference to rising juniors and seniors.
- SoCal resident (that can take an internship or full time job in the LA region), ages 18-27, low income.
- Please note we cannot guarantee a slot in the programs.
These restrictions will be expanding past LA in the near future but for the time being are restricted to folks who have a residential address in the area.
Please visit: www.CSUentertainment.com/grants and read the Grant Guidelines in their entirety before applying.
If you are looking for ideas for workshops, our advisory council have identified a few industry trends that are worth exploring. These trends include: E-sports, Entertainment Tech, Global Distribution, Unscripted Television, Editing, Program Development, Blockchain in Entertainment Arts Financing, Streaming Wars, Performance in Streaming, Independent Content Creation for Performers, Video Game Sound Design.
Also, feel free to browse our advisory council (www.CSUentertainment.com/advisorycouncil) as they have expressed interest in getting involved with / speaking at campuses or arranging for people at their companies to do so and we can help facilitate that.
Full instructions can be found at: http://csuentertainment.com/lca576/
1. Please note that you MUST be enrolled prior to submitting any documents. Once you have read through this in it's entirety, please start your submission on Submittable. Begin by filling out your information and completing the Internship Agreement. Due Sept. 10, 2021.
If you are unable to get the form in by this date, please e-mail us!
On this form, there will be a place to send an agreement to your employer, please let them know that they must fill this out and to look for the e-mail through Submittable.
2. After that is submitted, and around a week before your midterm is due, you will receive an e-mail from us through Submittable with a link to an additional form for your Midterm Report. Be sure to USE THAT LINK when you are uploading your midterm report. If you do not receive this e-mail, check your junk mail, if you still have not received it, please contact our team by e-mail and we will be sure to help you out - Due October 16, 2021.
3. After that is submitted, and around a week before your final is due, you will be sent an e-mail with the same process for your Final Report - Due December 10, 2021. This final report submission will trigger the Supervisor Evaluation to be sent.
4. Supervisor Evaluation - This form is sent directly to the supervisor through your FINAL report in the middle of the semester. Please remind your Supervisor at least one week before the deadline of December 17, 2021.
Looking to land a job in Hollywood? Learn from a pro at a big 40% Discount!
Offer must be redeemed by December 1, 2020
Fill out this form for access to the discount promo code & learn more about “CK Hollywood Bootcamp - How to land a job in Hollywood at https://www.carolekirschnerhollywoodbootcamp.com/
Carole Kirschner, a Hollywood hiring expert and author of "Hollywood Game Plan: How to Land a Job in Film, TV and Digital Entertainment” wants you to learn how to get noticed and hired:
- Discover real world techniques from Carole – a Cal State University’s Sonoma State alumna as well as the Director of the WGA Showrunner Training Program and creator of the CBS Diversity Writers Program!
- Learn exactly what you need to beat out 95% of other hopefuls to lock in a job in the entertainment industry—and stay there!
- Get 40% off: Cal State community members (student, faculty, staff, or alumni) receiving Pell Grants or other types of significant financial aid get 40% off the cost of registration!
In Carole Kirschner's Hollywood Bootcamp, you'll learn:
- What every decision maker is looking for when hiring at the entry level
- Insider information about what it takes to get your first job
- Exactly what you need to beat out 95% of other hopefuls
An invaluable opportunity at a BIG discount during an extremely challenging time for those in entertainment arts and media:
- Complete the course on your own schedule – the course is not live – you can even listen in the car or on the go!
- Get access to 20+ downloadable PDFs
- Qualified CSU community applicants can get $40 off the normal cost of $97 through December 1, 2020.
- Expert insights can help you land your first job in Hollywood.
If you are interested in a free year of access to MasterClass, please visit our new submission link here: https://forms.gle/txKMqpqRn6MX5Pyq6
Must be an SFSU student with an active SFSU e-mail account. All majors are welcome.
Please note that the following Departments have access to free subscriptions IF you are a declared Major:
- School of Design